Friday, November 22, 2013

My Academic Goals

This is the beautiful Boise State University. I am currently studying Health Sciences with a Public Health Emphasis. So far, college has been one of the most interesting and wild experiences I have ever had. I still remember the first weekend I moved in. Terrified, alone, looking for anyone who would accept me, I wandered campus. The entire first few days I did not eat. This was because I was too afraid to eat alone in the cafeteria. It was odd walking to classes and not knowing everyone on campus. I came from a graduating class of sixty-four students. The largest my high school had ever seen. The biggest culture shock was the amount of homework. Life had become a real struggle for me. An immediate goal would be to pass this semester with a 3.5 GPA. I have accepted the challenge and am ready to give it my all.
An academic long-term goal would be to finish in four. At the rate I am going, I will be a member of the graduating class of 2017. The future is really exciting to think about. Sure classes are guaranteed to be more difficult and financial restrictions are going to hold me back a bit, but it will be worth it. When these goals are reached I can move on and make new goals for a career. When you move on, "you get a strange feeling when you are about to leave a place, like you'll not only miss the people you love but you'll miss the person you are now at this time and place because you'll never be this way ever again", this feeling is what I have to look forward to.


No comments:

Post a Comment